Precisely what is a Cement Foaming Agent?
Concrete/cement foaming agent indicates an admixture that may decrease the surface area stress of liquid and produce a considerable amount of uniform and secure foam, which can be employed to produce foam concrete.
The foaming agent is actually a substance that may make its aqueous solution produce a massive amount of foam when mechanical force is introduced right into the air. This type of material is actually a surfactant or surface-active material. The essence of a Concrete additive is its surface-active effect. Without surface activity, foaming cannot occur, and it also cannot turn into a foaming agent. Surface activity will be the core of foaming.
The function of cement foaming agent
The primary function of a cement foaming agent would be to promote the foaming of cement paste to create lightweight concrete. Cement foaming agents can produce bubbles through chemical reactions, resulting in the cement slurry to get a large number of pores throughout the construction process, thereby reducing the density of concrete and rendering it lightweight, with thermal insulation, heat insulation, sound absorption, along with other excellent properties.
Cement foaming agents could also improve the mechanical properties of concrete, enhance its compressive strength and tensile strength, and improve its durability and frost resistance. In addition, cement foaming agents could also improve the fluidity and plasticity of concrete, making it easier to create and shape.
12 features and benefits of foaming agent
- It provides compressive strength and anti-aging properties: Although traditional chemical insulation materials can achieve thermal insulation effects, their compressive strength and anti-aging properties have not been capable of meeting the requirements. Lightweight foamed cement can totally solve this challenge. , a replacement for traditional insulation materials
- It is actually lightweight: its density can reach 200-1600kg/m3, which effectively reduces the load in the building.
- Good high-temperature resistance: The applicable temperature of foamed cement can reach above 250-300C, whilst the benzene board will soften and undergo chemical reactions above 75C.
- Boost the stability and life in the insulation layer: The foamed cement thermal layer has a high level of stability and anti-aging properties, effectively making sure the indoor floor is flat rather than cracked. Its lifespan is 5.10 times that of the benzene board. It is made of perlite particles. Greater than 5 times
- Great thermal insulation: The thermal conductivity is .08w/mk, which can be 20-30 times that of ordinary cement.
- It provides good compressive strength: when the density is 350kg/m3, the compressive strength is 6kg/cm2 in 7 days and 9kg/cm2 in 28 days.
- Good moisture resistance: You will see no condensation across the warm water pipes during heating, and you will see no splitting in between the layers.
- Good bonding: The material found in foamed cement is cement, which has an outstanding bond with the upper and lower layers and can not cause hollowing or collapse in the ground.
- Fast construction speed: each shift can construct 3000-4000 square meters, saving the construction period
- Good integrity: One-time pouring has no gaps and interruptions and can be combined entirely with the cast-in-place floor slab and mortar layer to create a whole.
- It provides an anti-permeability effect: Because of the porous and integral nature of foamed cement, the anti-permeability is a lot more than six times stronger compared to ordinary floor slabs.
- Fireproof: Foamed cement is surely an inorganic material (cement) that does not burn and for that reason has good fire resistance. When used on buildings, it may improve the fireproof performance in the building.
What are the types of cement foaming agents?
Plant-based cement foaming agent
It utilizes imported high-grade natural plant polymer products as basic materials and is also generated via a collection of complicated chain reactions. The product is actually a pure and clear oily liquid having a light yellow color. It is far from understanding of difficult water, non-toxic, odor-free, and sediment-free. The PH worth is close to neutral, non-corrosive to cement and steel, and does not contaminate the setting. The frothing representative is storage-resistant, hard to degrade, has exceptional frothing performance, rich foam, and modest foam stability. Utilizing this frothing agent to help make foamed cement provides the attributes of reduced usage, affordability, stability, and high quality. Each barrel of frothing agent (200kg) can generate 500 m2 of foamed cement, so it is commonly found in floor home heating jobs. In roofing insulation projects, building prices may be considerably minimized.
Animal-based cement foaming agent
It uses selected animal (cow, sheep) keratin since the primary raw material and is also made through a number of hydrolysis reactions, heating and dissolving, dilution, filtration, and high-temperature shrinkage. It is actually produced using imported advanced equipment and also the latest manufacturing technology. Strict quality management is implemented throughout the production process. The product is actually a deep brown viscous liquid with low impurity content, light irritating odor, uniform quality, audio quality consistency, outstanding foaming, and excellent foam stability; this is a new generation of animal-based cement foaming agents. Because of the high surface strength in the foam created by this foaming agent, the foam is highly stable. The bubbles in the foamed cement made out of it will be in a closed state independent of each other, and there is absolutely no link between the bubbles. The permeability resistance in the foamed cement products is quite high. At the same density, in contrast to foamed cement made out of plant-based foaming agents, it has better sealing as well as heat preservation properties and better strength.
The uses of cement foaming agent
- Construction industry
Cement foaming agents are popular in the construction area and they are mainly employed to produce lightweight concrete, thermal insulation materials, thermal insulation materials, sound-absorbing materials, etc. Lightweight wet-condensation materials have the advantages of lightweight thermal insulation, sound absorption, etc. They may be popular in building walls, floors, roofs, partitions, along with other components. Thermal insulation materials can be used building insulation, heat insulation, fire protection, etc. Sound-absorbing materials can be used building sound insulation and noise reduction.
- Road industry
Cement foaming agents can also be found in the broad area and they are mainly employed to produce lightweight pavement materials, sound insulation materials, waterproof materials, etc. Lightweight pavement materials have the advantages of light, wear resistance, and anti-aging and can reduce road noise and vibration. Sound insulation materials can be used road sound insulation, noise reduction, etc. Waterproof materials can be used road waterproofing and anti-seepage.
- Bridge industry
Cement foaming agents can also be found in the bridge area, mainly employed to produce lightweight bridge decks, sound insulation materials, waterproof materials, etc. Lightweight bridge deck has the advantages of being lightweight, high strength, and good durability, which can detect the weight in the bridge and extend the service life in the bridge. Sound insulation and waterproof materials can be used bridge sound insulation, waterproofing, etc.
High Quality Foaming Agent Supplier
Trunnano Info Technology Co., Ltd is actually a supplier of concrete additives, which can be concrete foaming agent and relative products with over 12 years expertise in nano-building energy conservation and nanotechnology development. It accepts payment via Credit Card, T/T, West Union and Paypal. Trunnano will ship the goods to customers overseas through FedEx, DHL, by air, or by sea. Should you be looking for high quality concrete Additives, please feel free to contact us and send an inquiry. ([email protected])